Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

Zap your way through writers block! #AtoZChallenge

This post is part of the A-Z Blogging Challenge 2015. If this is something new to you, check out the website here to find out all you need to know.

My topics this year are covering studying and/or writing advice and guidance, to maybe help you as you cope with everything else in life.

 

Zap your way through writers block!

Writers block is the bane of a writers, or students, life. It's been trying to creep its way in every day of this challenge, blocking the flow of what I want to say.

A deadline helps with this, I find. That pressure of missing it, of failing to deliver, is enough to give me the push to get something down. I cope less well with it if I know I have all the time in the world to do something. 

The best way to deal with this block, as we all know, is to just write something. Anything, just to get the mind going, the fingers going, and words appearing on the page. It doesn't matter if it's complete drivel, it's done it's job if you can then get into the flow of something more meaningful.

I feel victorious that I've managed to get all the way through the month, battling against this pesky nuisance that always seems bent on keeping as many creative voices from expressing themselves.

Don't let the block get the better of you, battle through and strike it down!

 

6 comments:

  1. Well done on making it to the end of the challenge. :-)

    Hope you've enjoyed it and have found some interesting new blogs to read.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait, it's been a hard slog but we've got there in the end.

      Delete
  2. Zapping writer's block.....I like it;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A deadline always motivates me. No time for writer's block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to feel that way too. It's great for getting things actually finished.

      Delete